Microsoft Windows is a series of proprietary operating systems produced by Microsoft .Microsoft introduced an Os Windows in 1985 and has been dominating the personal computer market since then with around 85% market share by 2011.Although it is the most user operating in the world ,it has some drawbacks.The main disadvantages faced by widows when compared to linux are.
Due to the proprietary and closed source nature of Microsoft, the programs doesn’t undergo the vigorous scrutiny and testing Linux systems endure at the hands of the open source community. The limited number of staff to write and edit the source code for vulnerabilities leaves the systems more prone to attack and due to its popularity, many more viruses are targeted to hit Microsoft programs these viruses have been known to cause devastating and costly network losses including the destruction or corruption of confidential corporate files.Further utilizing the resources of an entire community, Linux Vulnerabilities are quickly and correctly patched. In some cases, Microsoft vulnerabilities are only patched after seeing a problem and many provide only a quick fix and are in need of further attention in the future..
As the design flaws of Windows are consistently exploited, the stability of the operating system is under constant threat. These problems are not exclusive to virus and worm exploitation but also the way in which Windows interacts with other technology. Windows is infamous for not working well with third party vendor products causing slow processing time and system crashes. Additionally, allowing end-userful administrative control of their machine can often times result in the inadvertent corruption of system data providing further instability.
Windows does not provide the ability to customize the program depending upon specific needs of the users or organization.If a particular program does not contain all the functionality, style, compatibility, or security desired, organization must purchase additional products to do there job.
A wide range of software available for Windows PCs often is not fully compatible with certain hardware, causing inconvenience, monetary losses, and system lock-up or software crash.
Incoming search terms:
- disadvantages of windows
- disadvantages of windows operating system
- disadvantage of windows
- disadvantages of windows os
- windows operating system disadvantages
- disadvantage of using windows
- what are some disadvantages to a winows computer?
- what are the disadvantages of microsoft windows
- what are the disadvenga of using windows
- windows management disadvantages
- windows operating system advantages disadvantages
- advantages and disadvantages of microsoft windows operating systems
- windows operation system advantages and disadvantages
- the disadvantages of ‘operating systems’ windows
- operating system disadvantage
- microsoft windows disadvantages
- main disadvantage of windows
- disadwabtages of windows
- disadvantages using windows operating system
- disadvantages of windows pc