Steps to clean up and speed up windows PC
1. Get rid of Temp Data: These are the unwanted data residesinsides the Temp folder. Go To START then type %Temp%. Then remove the unwanted data.
2. Get rid of Browsing Data : These are the little data resides in your computer after you visit a website. Go To Start >> Internet Explorer >Tools>Internet Options. In General you have the option to Delete Cookies, click on that. Click on Delete Temporary file; when the little box comes up that says delete offline, you don’t have to click on that. Click on Delete temporary Files.
3. Complete Disk Cleanup: Click on Start>>All Programs >>Accessories >> System Tools. Click on “Disk Cleanup” from the list that appears. Click the More Options tab at the top of the page, and select all following: Windows Components,Installed Programs, and System Restore. Clean up all three by clicking on their respective tabs. You may want to delete all but your most recent system restore point as you probably don’t need the others.
4. Defragment your computer: Defragmenting your computer moves all your files to where they are supposed to be. You may want download an independent defragmenter.
5. Do a Windows Update Regularly(If the OS is genuine): This will be on your Start Menu. If it is not there , then Go To All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools. This will take you to the proper page. Alternatively, try microsoft.com It is very important that you get all available security updates.
6. Scan The System: For scaning you can use one of the Anti Virus like the Bitdefender, Kaspersky, AVG, Avast. and Antivira.
7.Remove unwanted programs: Remove unwanted programs by going to start>>control panel>>Programs and Features>>Add or Remove programs, then remove unwanted programs. programs that you think are not important.
8. Move unwanted programs from C to other Drives: Move data from C drive to Other drive. For this just select and then right click and move the data.Or copy paste the data from C Drive to other drive.
9. Remove unwanted icons and data from DeskTop: Move data from DeskTop to Other drive. For this just select and then right click and move the data. .Or copy paste the data from DeskTop to other drive.
10. Clean Up the Recycle Bin: Empty the Recyle Bin.
After doing all these go to start and restart the system. You will a new look and feel. And you can see the performance also.